Each year, fireworks in the United States cause approximately twelve deaths, 2000 serious eye injuries, and 5000 other injuries (including amputated fingers).
• Although many people mistakenly believe that sparklers are safe, sparklers burn at 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit (nearly hot enough to melt gold)!
• In Montgomery County, all fireworks are illegal to possess or discharge including gold label sparklers.
• Snap-and-pop noise makers, snakes, and party poppers are the only exception to this law.
• Teach children that fireworks are NOT toys. Explain the dangers of explosives and fireworks to your children.
• Obtain the proper permits and insurance before holding any public fireworks display.
• Enjoy the thrill of fireworks and pyrotechnics at public displays by licensed professionals
For further information, contact the Montgomery County Fire/Explosive Investigations
Section at 240-777-2255.
Thanks to Bill Delaney of MCFRS for this information.
What's News |
CPR Training |
Assembly Hall Rental |
Fire Museum |
Volunteer With Us |
Donation Information |
About GWGVFD |
Photo Album |
Contact Us |
Safety Information |
Information en Español |
Links Of Interest |
Fire & Rescue Dispatch
| Main Page |